Raja Yoga Meditation
At the heart of the Brahma Kumaris teachings is the Foundation Course in Raja Yoga meditation. This course provides a practical understanding of the relationship between spirit and matter, as well as an understanding of the interplay between souls, God and the material world. The series of classes in this course will facilitate your inward journey in an efficient and effective way. Learn about:
- consciousness and self-realisation
- connection and relationship with God
- the Law of Karma
- the Cycle of Time
- the Tree of Life
- a Spiritual Lifestyle
Explore how to:
- make time & space for meditation to establish a daily practice
- harness your thoughts, emotions and responses
- use your meditation skills in everyday life
Other courses and activities
In addition to Raja Yoga meditation courses, Brahma Kumaris run other seminars, courses, workshops and retreats on personal development. The content and presentation may vary according to country, culture and local facilities. To find out about the courses in your area: Locations
Anger is an expression of inner pain; an indication that all is not well in our world. It is one of the most powerful and destructive emotions. How can we change the anger within and use our energy in more positive ways?
Learn how to:
- understand the anger process
- realise the power of your thoughts in dealing with anger
- let go of inner pain
- use spiritual knowledge and awareness to transform anger
- develop a range of practical tools to live a more peaceful life
For is for those who are not sure that they are ready for meditation but would like to understand the workings of the mind better, gain greater clarity and learn how to manage their thoughts.
- becoming a master of your thoughts and feelings
- applying the gentle art of self reflection and encourage personal growth
- tapping into the natural positivity of the mind
- finishing negative, energy-draining language and self-talk
- developing a constantly positive attitude
No matter how successful we may be, almost all of us could do with a self-esteem boost. Reminded of our core values, our own innate value, we can face life confidently and peacefully.
Learn how to:
- know and discover your positive self
- accept yourself, identifying personal strengths, abilities and uniqueness
- develop effective strategies for building healthy relationships, letting go of fears and aggression
- empower yourself, making the right choices to maintain inner balance
Stress has been identified as a leading cause of many health problems. Largely psychological, rather than physical in origin and therefore much more difficult to prevent and remedy, modern stress affects nearly all of us at some point in our lives. Regardless of its origins, stress drains our physical, emotional and mental energy.
Learn how to:
- Identify different forms of stress and the effects it has on our well-being
- identify the triggers of stress and how and why we react
- use practical tools to enable inner change
- move from fearing change to embracing it
- develop your spiritual intelligence to manage stress.
There are also residential retreat centres, which provide a supportive and nurturing environment, where individuals and professional groups can explore meditation and the spiritual underpinnings of their personal, family and work life.